Traditional Mince and onions with mash
Traditional mince and onions with mash
Thank you to CoOp Hebden Bridge for this recipe idea
- ½ pack mince
- 1 Oxo cube
- 1 onion diced
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 or 3 cups frozen peas
- gravy granules
- splash milk or some butter/spread for mashing potatoes
- Brown mince in a large pan, breaking it up into small pieces. Add little bit of water to prevent sticking
- Add diced onion and cook with the mince for 5 mins
- Sprinkle over the Oxo cube and stir in
- Add some more water just to cover the mince and reduce heat to simmer for30 mins. Keep checking and add more water if required.
- While the mince is cooking…..Chop and boil potatoes – once ready drain, add milk or butter/spread and mash them with a masher or a fork.
- Chop and boil carrots - once cooked add carrots and peas to the mince and heat through.
- Shake in some gravy granules to thicken– add additional water to get the consistency desired. Season with pepper to taste
- Serve and enjoy!